Xbox SmartGlass released on Android
In something of a surprising move the Xbox SmartGlass application has been released for Android devices months ahead of schedule. The app is a service platform that provides second screen support. Currently released games that have such functionality include :- Dance Central 3, Forza Horizon, Halo Waypoint and Ascend: New Gods.
The app is has dual abilities, SmartGlass and as a Xbox Live app. On the Xbox live side of things you principally have all the functions you have on your Xbox. Read/Send messages, see friends lists and see currently-played games/apps. The SmartGlass functions are currently somewhat limited to being nothing more than turning your android deceive into a touchscreen mouse for the xbox.
SmartGlass is also available on Windows 8, but there is currently no date for an iOS release.
Use Xbox SmartGlass to enhance your entertainment on Xbox 360.
Xbox SmartGlass lets your phone work with your Xbox 360 console to bring rich, interactive experiences and unique content about what you’re watching or playing, right to the device that’s already in your hand. Interact with your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, and games, and bring remote control to a whole new level.
You can also connect with your Xbox friends, track and compare your achievements, and change up your 3D avatar.
Xbox SmartGlass lets you:
- Navigate your Xbox 360 with swipe and tap
- Use your phone’s keyboard to type to your Xbox 360
- Browse the Internet on your Xbox 360 with full keyboard and zooming
- Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, and stop videos and music on your Xbox 360
- Search the full Xbox catalog of music, video, and games
- Enjoy rich, interactive experiences from select game and entertainment content creators
- Track and compare your achievements with your Xbox friends
- Change up your 3D avatar
- Message your Xbox friends
- Edit your Xbox profile